Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mom’s Paint Colors

Holy Moly I can’t believe it’s the second week in August, where did this summer go?? We have spent the past few months in Montana while my husband has been doing an internship at a law firm here. I grew up in Montana and my parents still live here so we were able to spend a lot of time with them. We had a great summer but are getting ready to head back to Illinois this week. I’m sad, I hate to see the summer go, but I’m also excited to get back and get settled again. Soo, before I leave this beautiful state, I wanted to share my Mom’s paint colors with you.
They built their dream house 3 years ago and wanted to have a place for their 7 children and 14 grandchildren to come, and I have to say we have all loved it.  They chose some beautiful colors in their home, so to get on with the tour, I’m going to start with the upstairs and work down, and then finish with a new segment I’m starting on Friday: Exterior Paint Colors! So if any of you have a picture of your house and you know the color, I would love to see it. I’ve had quite a few people ask for ideas on exterior paint, and I think it would be a great resource.

The main living area upstairs is painted in Tobacco Road by Duron at 50%. (This color is discontinued at Sherwin Williams but I have the formula posted at the end). It’s a great goldish-toned neutral and goes with just about anything. My parents have natural wood trim and it looks beautiful with the wood and warms everything up.  You can see how it changes in different lights and if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy!!

IMG_1165
IMG_1200
IMG_1167
IMG_1169
IMG_1170
IMG_1174
IMG_1177
IMG_1178
IMG_1179

IMG_0687

*I just realized that the formula is for 5 gallons. Here are some other bloggers who have used Tobacco Road and posted their formulas.
Emily at Decor Chick!, The Nester, and Stacey at Real Southern Living. Thanks, ladies!



 And here is my family! This was taken last year when we ALL stayed in their home, we had a blast. Crazy, but oh so fun. My Mom and Dad are in the middle and we are in the purple. I'll have more for you tomorrow! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Tabacco Road at 50%! You just gave me an idea! I had painted Tobacco Road in my hallway that doesn't get much light and it feels dark...it needs repainting and this would be perfect to blend with the Tabacco Road walls it butts up to! Love the 25% as well! Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. If you have a paint color to submit, please e-mail me directly at favoritepaintcolors@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you! Have a great day.