Thursday, June 28, 2012

Haven 2012


Last week I had the awesome opportunity to attend Haven 2012, and oh how I am wishing I could turn the clock back a week. It was such a great conference where I not only learned a ton, but I got to meet and hangout with so many beautiful and talented women.
                                                 320 sycamore
The best part was being there with my sister, Melissa. Love this girl, Haven wouldn’t have been the same without her.
young house love
The conference started with our keynote speakers, John and Sherry from Young House Love and I was totally engaged with what they were saying right from the beginning. They were so down to earth, genuine and hilarious! It was fun to hear their story and how they run a successful blog together.
john and sherry
Melissa and I were able to get a picture with them and little Clara afterwards. Such a cute family.
We had amazing break-out sessions that were so informative and helpful – every class that I went to I learned a ton, but I have to say my favorite part was socializing with the other bloggers there. I met so many amazing ladies. Here are a few of my favorite Haven Mavens!beneath my heart
Traci from Beneath My Heart, who helped put this all together!
blog group
(Left to Right) Me, Melissa, Wendy from The Shabby Nest, Julia Hooked on Houses, and Amanda from Serenity Now.
favoritepaintcolors_320sycamore_centsationaltgirl
Ashley from The Handmade Home and Kate from Centsational Girl
angie in the thick of it
the lettered cottage
And the reason why I came to Haven…. Kevin and Layla from The Lettered Cottage! Remember I won their giveaway? I gave them both a big hug. They taught an awesome photography class together and you know when things finally click? That’s what happened for me during their class. I feel like I finally understand my camera, we’re on a different level now thanks to these two people.
miss mustard seed
Another one of my favorite classes was taught by  Marian (Miss Mustard Seed) She taught an amazing advanced painting class and talked about some of her favorite products. Anyone that reads her blog knows that one of them is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This is something that I’ve read all about but have never actually tried myself, so I was excited to see what all of the rage was about. We got to try it out ourselves and let me tell you I fell in love with how easy the application was, really love that you don’t need to prime or sand, and once it was on and buffed a little bit, it felt as smooth as a baby’s bum! Everyone at the conference was given a sample pot and I can’t wait to try mine.chalk paint
I also loved their line of colors which you can see here. What about you, have you tried chalk paint? Do you have a favorite color?

Haven more then exceeded my expectations and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go and learn what I did, meet new people, make new friendships, and spend time with my sister. I’m already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun getting to meet you (and your sis) at Haven, Kristin! I've been a fan of your blog since your started it. I think it's such a great resource.

    Hope to see you again next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - lucky you going to Haven. I always forget to sign up early enough to go. Seems like you met all the right people there.
    Nice to meet you over the blogosphere. I have been doing a weekly Color post - but awhile ago I stopped in favor of doing all original material (projects etc). But in looking at my searches on Google Analytics - it's clear that I have to start doing them again. People really search "color" a lot!
    You have a great blog - hopefully you will visit me as well (and I hope to submit some rooms to you too!)
    Linda
    http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. If you have a paint color to submit, please e-mail me directly at favoritepaintcolors@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you! Have a great day.